Depot Delivery Drivers deliver needed technology to IT professionals supporting MiWorkspace enrolled departments. A successful candidate will be trustworthy, motivated, self-disciplined, energetic, and capable of operating independently. Technical expertise is not required, as long as a candidate demonstrates critical thinking, logical problem solving ability, and a willingness to learn.
- Move computers, printers, and related supplies between various designated locations around campus
- Operate University of Michigan-owned service vehicles in a safe and efficient manner
- Work service tickets and update records in an inventory management system to reflect equipment moves and changes
- Respond to emergent situations as directed to by chat, email, phone calls, or text pages
- Operate for extended periods of time independent of supervision and immediate assistance from other team members
- Ensure product security is maintained in accordance with established procedures
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Depot Manager or Supervisor
Learn about leading edge, core technologies at the University of Michigan. Be a part of a multi-disciplined dynamic team working towards a common goal.
- Must be a student currently enrolled at the University of Michigan
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. independently
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record
- Familiarity with the University of Michigan Computing Environment, such as desktop computers, networked printers, the basic computing package, and Internet applications
- Familiarity with commonly used information technology terms
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in person and in writing
- Expressed desire to learn and gain experience in the information technology field
- Demonstrated ability to carry out tasks and directives, efficiently and accurately, independent of supervision or immediate assistance
- Familiarity with all of the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor campus
- Ability to take the initiative and deal with developing situations as they occur
- Ability to interact with customers and fellow ITS staff members in a professional and friendly manner
- Must be able to work a minimum of 12 hours per week
- Experience as a team member and/or as a team leader
- Experience in the moving and trucking industry
Work Hours and Location
The Tech Depot is located at 1239 Kipke Drive in the Campus Safety Services Building (across the parking lot from Crisler Center). Second Floor, Room 2078.
Delivery hours are Monday–Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
$14.50–15.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Interested students should complete the online application.
If you experience any problems with the online application or technical evaluation, please send email to email@example.com.