Some of the high-level activities assigned to the program include:
- Establish organization-wide rules for migrating to, and operating in, the cloud.
- Establish process and governance to decide which applications will migrate to the cloud.
- Prepare and support staff through the transition (technical, functional, knowledge).
- Identify, create, and execute appropriate communications.
- Provide technical, privacy and security controls, policies, and procedures for cloud services.
- Manage cloud vendor relationships.
- Develop organizational competencies to operate services in the cloud.
- Define and provide consistent methodologies for ongoing cloud support, metrics, monitoring, financial analysis, service management, funding models, rates, and billing.
- Create a library of cloud deliverables to track best practices and organizational learning.