Cloud Training & Learning Resources
Use the filters to narrow your search. Staff who want general overview information about the cloud should select the Cloud Foundations Track. Content that is in progress or planned for future delivery will be noted.
ITS aspires to provide foundational and core cloud competency training opportunities for all of ITS. Cloud foundations sessions are currently being scheduled to orient the next rotation of vDC technical experts. As sessions are scheduled, and open seats become available, we will reach out to those that have indicated interest. If you are interested in cloud foundations sessions, please complete this Training Interest Survey.
Our goal is to provide the most effective training possible. With that in mind, our training with labs require a Subject Matter Expert present to help make the lab more interactive, provide some work opportunities, and answer questions. Due to this requirement, we may be limited on the frequency with which we can offer labs.
Git reference page with several resources on how to preform actions in Git such as setup and configuring Git, creating projects, basic snapshotting, sharing and updating projects, and much more.
This Git training with a lab is designed to incorporate the aid of a Subject Matter Expert for practice and discussion around best practices along with other resources such as an online training course. These courses are currently being scheduled to orient the next rotation of the vDC technical experts. Please fill out the attached survey to indicate interest and we will reach out when there is a session scheduled and available spots.
Article on how to set up tooling to simplify administering multiple machines.
- What is Ansible?
- Working with hosts and variables
- Controlling task and play behavior
- Managing system configurations
- Reacting to configuration changes
- Repeating a task across a fleet
- Managing extensions in Ansible
- Installing Docker on Mac, Windows and Linux
- Understanding the Docker flow
- Running processes in containers
- Managing, networking, and linking containers
- Working with Docker images, volumes, and registries
- Building Dockerfiles
- Managing networking and namespaces with Docker
- Building entire systems with Docker
Includes Ansible use cases, practical application and best practices.
Learn how to import a new project into Git, make appropriate changes and share with other developers.