ITS is a large organization with hundreds of services that support students, faculty, staff, alumni, and researchers. We have technical and non-technical opportunities in variety of disciplines, including customer service, desktop support, administration, project management, software development, infrastructure, networking, communications, human resources, business analysis, planning and security. You will be matched to a department based on your interest and skills. Student interns are accepted from a variety of majors, and are not limited to STEM.
What to Expect
- Gain work experience through projects within individual departments
- Intense focus on professional development, including: project management, resume writing, and meeting facilitation
- Roundtable discussions on career planning with ITS executive leadership
- Build lasting professional relationships and grow your professional network
- Support from ITS professionals who excel in their field
What We Expect
- Take on new and challenging assignments with enthusiasm and complete tasks within established timelines
- Show initiative and attempt to work through issues independently before asking for help
- Resolve issues, innovate, and experiment to devise new solutions to critical problems
- Analytical thinking and deductive reasoning to meet business requirements
- Communicate using clear, concise, and user-friendly language
- Have a laser focus on customer service
Work Hours and Location
- This program requires full-time (40 hours per week) commitment onsite at ITS office locations. The program runs for 14 weeks, starting in May and ending the second week in August. Under some circumstances, you may be allowed to take a course while participating in the program, but this must be approved by your supervisor and the Internship Planning Team.
- This is a full-time, paid position of $16-$20/hr. ITS's competitive pay is based on skills and both academic and work experience.