The facility includes:
- Reliable and redundant infrastructure, includes short-term uninterruptible power supplies designed to provide time to shut-down the equipment during power outages without overheating.
- State of the art design high-density, high-performance computing.
- Ambient air cooling systems used for 75% of the year, reduces the overall energy required for cooling the facility.
- Redundant fire protection systems, including a dry standpipe sprinkler system.
- Standard 100 Gb/s networking connections provide the appropriate level of availability needed by units across campus via redundant fiber connections to the university backbone and multiple Cisco router switches.
- Advanced facility security systems, card scanning systems, cameras, closed circuit television, and monitoring to restrict access to appropriate Data Center Operations personnel and approved faculty and staff.
- Data security systems.
- 24/7 maintenance and technical support, including 24/7/365 on-call support after business hours.
- Modular “POD” technology which substantially decreases the cost and time needed to construct, engineer, or replace data centers as needed by the university. The two MDC pods are attached to a small permanent building used for staff, staging, and maintenance.
Certification & Standards
- Annual Planned Downtime Maintenance of 2 times every year for less than 12 hours.
- Annual Unplanned Downtime of 1.2 occurrences per year for less than 4.8 hours.
- Reliability of 99% or above.