ITS Infrastructure coordinates maintenance and repairs for our telephone, networks, television, video services, and customer-owned equipment covered under Service Agreements through the Network Operations Center.
- All non-emergency maintenance of the Core Network is scheduled between the hours of 5–8 a.m. daily. Scheduled maintenance windows are posted on the ITS Service Status site 48 hours in advance, when possible.
- Emergency maintenance will include early warnings, when possible, and updates during and after the maintenance will be available on the ITS Service Status site.
- ITS observes standard production freezes where we schedule only emergency maintenance and patches. Scheduled dates are available on the ITS Production Freeze page.
Repair Requests/Response Time
- Most repair requests are processed during standard business hours, 6 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Friday.
- Standard response time is usually less than 24 hours (excluding weekends, season days, and holidays).
- Critical response time is within two hours. (Expedited service rates may apply.)
- Repair charges are calculated on a time and materials basis. See Labor Rates and Processing Charges.
- Unit owned electronic telephones and network equipment covered under Service Agreements may be repaired free of charge during standard business hours.
- Charges will apply in cases where repairs are required because of malicious destruction.
Coordinating Risk Management Claims for Damaged Infrastructure Equipment
In some situations, ITS Infrastructure Project Managers (PM) are notified by Operations, a Facilities Engineer, the Field Service Unit, or the Unit about an event that has caused “damage beyond repair” to structured cabling, access layer switches, wireless access points, or uninterruptible power supplies.
It is imperative that the Unit notify Risk Management immediately to submit a claim. If the Unit has any questions on how to submit a claim, they should notify Risk Management. Note that Risk Management will issue a check to the Unit and not to ITS.
Upon notification of damaged equipment, the PM will work with the unit to produce an estimate to replace damaged infrastructure and obtain a unit shortcode to complete the repair.