Estimate educational pricing using Google's pricing calculator. Pricing includes an egress waiver. ITS bills for the previous month's activities. Contact the GCP at U-M support team if you have any billing questions.
Customers of Google Cloud Platform at U-M receive 10% discounts on nearly all GCP with only a few exclusions:
- preemptible virtual machines instances
- 64-core and 96-core virtual machines instances
- premium operating systems
Customers may take a part of the data egress waiver with a few conditions:
- Research or academic workloads
- Hosting departmental websites
- NOT Allowed
- Massive online open courseware (MOOC)
- Live-streaming/ Media streaming
- Hosting websites for commercial purposes outside of research & teaching.
- Egress may not exceed 15% of the total monthly GCP fee (on the entire GCP Master Billing Account)
Customers wanting to take advantage of the $300 free credit cannot associate their project with the GCP at U-M service. To utilize the credit, customers must:
- Create a project or use an existing project not associated with any billing accounts that are a part of the GCP at U-M service.
- Provide a credit card as a placeholder. The card will not be charged during the 12 month free trial.
- Not have already signed up for a free trial in the past.
- These accounts are not eligible for the 10% discount, though are still covered by the egress waiver.
Students cannot take advantage of GCP at U-M discounts or egress waiver, but do qualify for the $300 free credit. Faculty members may obtain EDU credits for students using GCP for coursework, particularly those in computer science.