If you are unsure about the nature of your problem, bring your computer in. We can test your machine and provide a cost estimate before any repair work is done.
- On Central Campus: Drop-in to the Tech Shop Union store. Sign in at the Repair sign-in computer and your name will be called.
- On North Campus: Come in to the Tech Shop Pierpont Commons store.
|Software troubleshooting and repair||$40/half-hour|
|Operating system reformat and reinstall||$120|
|In-warranty hardware repair*||no charge for parts or labor|
|Out-of-warranty hardware diagnosis and repair||$80/hour, with a 1 hour minimum + cost for any parts|
* Note: Visit our repair page for a complete list of the devices for which we can provide in-warranty repair service.
- $40 (Customer must provide a device large enough to hold all data to be transferred.)
- Data recovery options are also available.
Secure Device Sanitization
|Secure Data Wipe||$40|
|Secure Data Wipe w/ Data Transfer||$80 + customer-provided device large enough for all data to be transferred.|
Upgrades and Installations
|Operating system upgrade||$120 + purchase of the OS software|
(RAM, hard drives, network cards, etc.)
Virus and Malware Removal
|Disinfection with operating system reformat and reinstall||$120|
Individuals can pay with cash, debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express). Sorry, we can't accept personal checks.
Departments can pay via department shortcode (apologies, but we are not able to accept P-cards).