ITS is engaging with Unit Ambassadors to assist units with the transition from Box into appropriate storage solutions. We will rely on unit ambassadors to work alongside our project team to ensure that the university's needs are met. Unit Ambassadors will be the point of contact between ITS, Unit IT, and end users.
The Box Retirement Project team will provide all necessary information via meetings with Ambassadors, the Box Retirement Project website, unit-specific communications, and other support materials.
See the Box Retirement Unit Ambassador MCommunity Group for membership information.
Unit Ambassador Responsibilities
- Champion this effort by cascading key messages and information about the transition out of U-M Box and the migration to other storage solutions.
- Partner with ITS to keep your users up to date on communications, storage options, support materials, dates, and timelines.
- Serve as a two-way point of contact. Share questions, issues, and feedback between your unit and the Box Project team.
- Assist your units/users with identifying any automation, integrations, and processes they have built around U-M Box and document them for future reference.
- Familiarize yourself with the resources and information available on this website.
- Attend meetings with the Box Project team or, when not possible, read through the meeting notes and contact the Box Project team with questions, feedback, or concerns.
As we kick off this large initiative, we want to meet with Unit Ambassadors to introduce the project team, set expectations for what the team will provide, discuss ambassador expectations, and provide context around materials we’ve created for units to set the tone for a partnership going forward. As the project ramps up, the Unit Ambassador meetings will be opportunities to communicate with you on the project's progress, discuss next steps, review new communications and resource materials, and identify new needs. We also want to provide you with ample opportunity to ask questions, provide feedback, and let us know what you need from us.
Feel free to contact the Box Retirement Project team with questions/concerns: Box-Retirement-Project@umich.edu.
Unit Ambassador Resources
- Box Retirement Project At-a-Glance
- Unit Ambassador Communications Toolkit
- Unit Ambassador Dashboard
- Box Data Calculator (Google Sheet)
- Box-to-Dropbox Feature/Functionality Comparison
- March 18, 2021, MM Unit Ambassador Meeting - (Video - Overview of Project)
- April 21, 2021 Unit Ambassador Meeting - (Video - Support Functions)