ITS is engaging with Unit Ambassadors to assist units with the transition from Box into appropriate storage solutions. We will rely on Unit Ambassadors to work alongside our project team to ensure that the university's needs are met. Unit Ambassadors will be the point of contact between ITS, Unit IT, and end users.
The Box Retirement Project team will provide all necessary information via meetings with ambassadors, the Box Retirement Project website, unit-specific communications, and other support materials.
Refer to the Box Retirement Unit Ambassador MCommunity Group for membership information.
Unit Ambassador Responsibilities
- Champion this effort by cascading key messages and information about the transition out of U-M Box and the migration to other storage solutions.
- Partner with ITS to keep your users up to date on communications, storage options, support materials, dates, and timelines.
- Serve as a two-way point of contact. Share questions, issues, and feedback between your unit and the Box Project team.
- Assist your units/users with identifying any automation, integrations, and processes they have built around U-M Box and document them for future reference.
- Familiarize yourself with the resources and information available on this website.
- Attend meetings with the Box Project team or, when not possible, read through the meeting notes and contact the Box Project team with questions, feedback, or concerns.
As part of the Box Retirement Project team's kick-off of this large initiative, we established weekly, biweekly, and monthly meetings with Unit Ambassadors to communicate with you on the project's progress, discuss next steps, review new communications and resource materials, and identify new university needs. We also want to provide you with ample opportunity to ask questions, provide feedback, and let us know what you need from us via these meetings and office hours.
Feel free to contact the Box Retirement Project team with questions/concerns: Box-Retirement-Project@umich.edu.
Unit Ambassador Resources
- Box Retirement Project At-a-Glance
- Unit Ambassador Communications Toolkit
- Unit Ambassador Dashboard
- Box Data Calculator (Google Sheet)
- Box-to-Dropbox Feature/Functionality Comparison
- Box-to-Dropbox Zoom Backgrounds
Meeting presentations and recordings
Note: Every meeting is not recorded.
- August 20, 2020 | Unit Ambassador meeting #1: Presentation
- March 3 | Unit Ambassador meeting #2: Presentation
- April 21 | Unit Ambassador meeting #3: Presentation
- May 5 | Unit Ambassador meeting #4: Presentation
- May 14 | Unit Ambassador meeting #5: Presentation
- June 2 | Unit Ambassador meeting #6: Presentation
- June 16 | Unit Ambassador meeting #7: No presentation
- June 30 | Unit Ambassador meeting #8: Presentation
- July 14 | Unit Ambassador meeting #9: Presentation
- July 28 | Unit Ambassador meeting #10: Presentation