The migrations from U-M Box to U-M Dropbox will begin this spring. You will be notified when your school, college, or unit is scheduled to start. Please review this quick guide as a reference for what you should do now and what to expect throughout the process.
Before the Move
- Create a U-M Dropbox account as soon as possible.
If you use U-M Box, then you will need a U-M Dropbox account. This will ensure you maintain access to your files and collaborations upon migration. See the U-M Dropbox website for steps on creating your account.
- Do not migrate your own data.
- ITS will provide the university community with a Box-to-Dropbox self-service migration tool to help you move out of U-M Box.
- The Unit Ambassador representing your unit will inform you on how and when to use the tool.
- Clean up your U-M Box account.
- Delete unnecessary files and folders, as this will offer a smoother, faster transition from one service to the next.
- Remove yourself from shared files and folders to which you no longer need access.
- Accept any pending collaboration requests, as these will not transfer.
Things to Consider
- If you transfer to a new department or leave the university, please remember before departing to move your departmental data to a shared Box folder owned by another U-M employee in your department/unit or into an existing Shared Account.
- You may want to familiarize yourself with U-M’s various cloud storage options. U-M Dropbox is best for most storage, but other options may work better depending on what data you are storing.
During the Move
- You will be notified via email when you're able to migrate.
- You will no longer have access to your U-M Box files and folders.
- Do not use the Box desktop applications (Box Drive, Box Sync, Box Edit, or Box Tools) during your migration, as any changes you make will not migrate to U-M Dropbox.
- Depending on how much data you have stored, most individuals' migration process will take anywhere from one to two days.
After the Move
- The self-service migration tool will deactivate your U-M Box account. This means you will no longer be able to log in to your account to access your files and folders.
- You will be notified via email when the migration is complete.
- If there are any migration errors, ITS will inform you of what steps to take.
- Only files and folders that you own will be moved. If there are files or folders that you expected to see in U-M Dropbox that are not there, it may be because they are owned by someone else, and the other individual has not yet migrated.
- Contact the Unit Ambassador in your unit or the ITS Service Center if you have questions or concerns.