Zoom is a direct replacement for BlueJeans in Canvas that provides the same options and functionality, including the ability to easily schedule and record meetings, create reports, and set access and security controls for recordings.
Below is a checklist for moving from BlueJeans:
- If you have recordings currently hosted in BlueJeans (Meetings and Events) that you want to keep, download them within 180 days of the recording date or by April 30, 2021, whichever is earlier. Downloaded videos can be uploaded to your course media gallery using the MiVideo service. Instructions on how to upload your recording.
- Make sure to find any references to the BlueJeans recording link and change them to direct students to the course media gallery. Examples include Canvas pages with links to BlueJeans-hosted recordings and documents such as class syllabi with links to BlueJeans-hosted recordings or personal meeting rooms.
- If you reuse course sites, identify and update links to BlueJeans-hosted recordings or BlueJeans personal rooms.
- Reschedule recurring BlueJeans meetings that take place after January 12, 2021 using an alternative such as Zoom or Google Meet.
Direct links to training:
- Zoom Canvas Integration Tutorial (10-minute video)
- Zoom AT U-M Workshops (recorded workshops)
- Canvas, Zoom, & Recording Techniques Training (upcoming live sessions)