Send a link to the recording located in your BlueJeans folder (umich.bluejeans.com > recordings):
- Click on the recording.
- Set the Sharing to Enterprise Access.
- Copy the link located under Copy URL/Link to share: or click .
- Paste the copied link to the location of your choice to share with your students.
BlueJeans may be used with some types of sensitive data, including Protected Health Information (PHI) if used in the manner which is detailed in the Sensitive Data Guide to IT Services. You are responsible for using BlueJeans appropriately with sensitive university data and taking the precautions listed in the guide.
This change will also need to be made in the BlueJeans system. Contact the ITS Service Center for assistance.
Yes, unless you select to host a moderator-less meeting.Moderator-less meetings can be selected under Advanced Meeting Options or you can select moderator-less meetings as a default under your BlueJeans settings.
A personal meeting is like your own virtual meeting room—your meeting ID and passcode never expire. You can conduct ad-hoc and instant meetings without the need to schedule the meeting. You will need to share your personal meeting ID and time of the meeting with those whom you wish to join the meeting.
Scheduled meetings are used when you're planning a one-time meeting in advance, or, scheduling recurring meetings. BlueJeans Network assigns a random nine-digit meeting ID for each scheduled meeting and a participant code, if requested. These are automatically generated and cannot be changed. Your moderator passcode remains the same. An email invitation is automatically sent to each meeting participant containing connection information.
Yes, as long as you have rights to manage the calendar you can:
- Use Schedule Meeting on the U-M BlueJeans site.
- Use the Google Calendar BlueJeans Meeting add-on. To learn more, visit the U-M documentation page.
Yes, you can edit an existing meeting.
- If you add new participants to a meeting, they will receive an invitation but the person scheduling the meeting will not receive another message.
- If you remove a participant from the meeting, that participant will not receive a message notifying them that their presence at the meeting is no longer required. The person scheduling the meeting may wish to send a private message to the participant(s) who have been removed from the meeting.
- Try joining the meeting from another browser to see if the update will complete. If no alternative browsers are available, try clearing your browser's cache or perform a browser reset.
- There could be some temporary files that are causing some conflicts with the update process.
- Double check to make sure your user account on the system has no network policies or antivirus settings that may prevent the auto-update process.
Yes, under Advanced Options, select Encrypt Meeting. Make sure all participants endpoints are capable of supporting AES encryption. Please see technical specifications for encryption methods.
- The call is not encrypted when internal users dial 734-76(3-1841) and join the conference. The call routes over R&E IP networks.
- The call is not encrypted when external users dial 734-763-1841 and join the conference.
- When dialing BlueJeans Network published numbers, the call is routed over Public Switched Telephone Network and appropriate toll charges apply to the originating party/parties.
180 days. If you wish to retain it longer, you can download the recording to Google Drive, Box or an appropriate university storage location.
Michigan Medicine's policy is that individuals are expected to download their recordings within 30 days
BlueJeans Meeting (Basic) is not designed for multiple moderators, however having two or three connections as moderator seems to work well.
Yes. We are encouraging everyone to use the BlueJeans App on computers, instead of browsers. The traditional telephone and room systems are also excellent ways to connect.
BlueJeans meetings will run indefinitely as long as there are participants in the meeting and there is activity. Activity is based on sound. If there is no audio activity after 30 minutes, the meeting will be disconnected.
If the meeting is moderated, one of these connections will need to be a moderator. Meetings will disconnect after 5 min if the moderator leaves. You can create a moderator-less meeting.
Log out of all U-M authenticated windows and tabs, clear browser cache, and log in again.
It is recommended to always schedule your own meetings. A workaround is to share the meeting’s moderator code. Meeting recordings will be on your BlueJeans home page. You can share the recording’s link or download it and share the MP4 file.
There are two ways to assign users to Breakout Sessions:
- Automatic Assignment: automatically assigns users to created breakout session
- Manual Assignment: the Moderator creates the Breakout Rooms and picks which participants go into which room
For classes with 200 connections or fewer, ITS recommends using BlueJeans Meetings. For classes with 201 connections or more, ITS recommends Zoom Meeting or Webinar. See the Zoom Meetings vs. Webinars page for more information.
Yes. Make sure you are scheduling each meeting with a unique meeting ID.
No, they are specific to that meeting session and end when that meeting session ends. You should create a new Breakout Session for each meeting session.
Twenty-five participants can be displayed at one time, with the option to pin those that you want to continuously appear on your screen. The default view is to cycle through them based on the most recent speaker.