ITS contracts with BlueJeans Network to provide cloud-based conferencing service to the university. BlueJeans offers audio, video, and content sharing.
University of Michigan BlueJeans accounts are available to all U-M faculty, staff, students, and sponsored affiliates (individual accounts) on the Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint campuses—including Michigan Medicine. Non-university participants can attend BlueJeans meetings without a university account.
- Designed for meetings and collaboration with up to 200 connections:
- Host virtual guest speakers
- Teach classes with students in remote locations
- Partner with international research collaborators
- Host meetings across campus
- Advise off-campus students
- Record and store meetings (for up to 180 days)
- Reduce travel time and costs
- Join meetings from multiple platforms: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, videoconferencing room systems, and telephone
- Live chat
- Basic recording
- Meeting encryption and HIPAA compliance
- Provide a remote desktop control feature for user support (in the BlueJeans app)
BlueJeans Events is designed for large audiences and includes additional controls needed to host complex presenter, moderator, and participant events.