ITS contracts with BlueJeans Network to provide their cloud-based conferencing service to the university. BlueJeans offers audio, video, and content sharing.
University of Michigan BlueJeans accounts are available to all U-M faculty, staff, students, and sponsored affiliates (individual accounts) on the Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint campuses—including Michigan Medicine. Non-university participants can attend BlueJeans meetings without a university account.
For the best experience, download the BlueJeans App.
If you are using a MiWorkspace-enabled machine, visit the MWS Software Center to install BlueJeans. Instructions for Windows users and Mac users.
On your personal device:
- Visit bluejeans.com/downloads
- Click download
- Open the installer
- Follow the prompts
Michigan Medicine users will have the updated software installed automatically on their managed devices.
To automatically launch a meeting in Firefox, use this URL: https://bluejeans.com/YOURMEETINGID/webrtc, replacing "YOURMEETINGID" with your meeting ID. For example:
- https://bluejeans.com/415123456/webrtc (no passcode required)
- https://bluejeans.com/123456789/5467/webrtc (passcode is required)
Campus Uses of BlueJeans
BlueJeans helps campus communicate and collaborate with colleagues around the world. BlueJeans is used at the university to:
- Host virtual guest speakers
- Broadcast campus events
- Teach classes with students in remote locations
- Partner with international research collaborators
- Host meetings across campus
- Advise off-campus students
- Record and store meetings (for up to 90 days)
- Reduce travel time and costs
BlueJeans may be used with some types of sensitive data, including Protected Health Information (PHI) if used in the manner which is detailed in the Sensitive Data Guide to IT Services. You are responsible for using BlueJeans appropriately with sensitive university data and taking the precautions listed in the guide.