Digital signage is an open, collaborative, environment where individual sign owners can volunteer to display promotional content from other U-M units on their signs. To promote something on other groups' signs or be a part of this program, review the content considerations and learn how the process works.
Use U-M Dropbox to upload, share, and download content.
- Learn how to use U-M Dropbox.
- If you do not already have a folder within the ITS Digital Signage Dropbox directory, you must email email@example.com to have a folder created.
- Create a subfolder for your event.
- Name the folder with the sign's title followed by the sponsoring department.
- Upload the images. We recommend at least a landscape image, 16:9 aspect ratio. The resolution should be no larger than 3840x2160 (4k), but no smaller than 1920x1080.
- Upload as PNG files.
Promote your content on the Digital Sign Google Currents Community.
Note: The Digital Sign Google Currents Community requires membership to participate. Use the Digital Signage Support form to request an invitation. When sharing content in Google Currents, please remember to:
- include the folder's link.
- Include a start & stop date for the content, recommended audience (students, faculty, or staff), and the available layouts.