Digital signage is an open, collaborative, environment where individual sign owners can volunteer to display promotional content from other U-M units on their signs. To promote something on other groups' signs or be a part of this program, review the content considerations and learn how the process works.
Use U-M Box to upload, share, and download content.
- Learn how to use U-M Box.
- Explore the shared content library. (U-M login required)
- Create a folder to upload multiple sizes (horizontal and vertical at a minimum)
- Images should have a 16:9 aspect ratio and the larger the image, the better (i.e., 1080x1920).
- Name the folder with the sign's title followed by the sponsoring department.
- e.g. Mobile Apps Challenge (Sign by ITS)
- Include a description with the sign's purpose, target audience, and display dates.
- e.g. All students, faculty, and staff are eligible to participate in the Mobile Apps Challenge.
- Recommended display: Through March 15, 2015
- Multiple sizes available
- Set an expiration date in the Folder Settings from the folder's drop-down menu. Include a time for the folder to auto-delete and a time to unshare the folder.
Promote your content on the Digital Sign Google+ Community (include folder's link and verify that sharing is set to "People in your company")
Find images and backgrounds for designing signs at:
This share is available to current customers and can be accessed on campus or via VPN.