In the near future, Google will switch from “classic” Google Sites to new Google Sites, which includes many new features as well as a new look and feel. Right now, users can use both classic Google Sites and the new Google Sites. We encourage members of the university community to try the new Google Sites interface soon so it is more familiar once Google retires the classic interface. We also encourage you to convert any classic Sites you want to keep to the new Sites using Google’s conversion tool.
The U-M Collaboration team has put together this page to help users find information about the new Google Sites interface in one convenient place.
- New Google Sites Overview of Changes
- Create better looking sites more quickly with section layouts in new Google Sites
- Add a custom favicon in the new Google Sites
- Copy a site in the new Google Sites
- Add site-wide footer information in Sites