- Unlimited storage (generous maximum file upload size of 15 GB)
- Edit files directly from the browser with Box Edit
- Access your files via the web and from a wide range of devices
- Work with files directly from your desktop with Box Drive
- Share and discuss documents with others, inside and outside U-M
- Keep track of up to 100 versions of your document automatically
- Lock documents while editing, so others can't accidentally overwrite your changes
- Find out who previewed and downloaded your documents with Access Stats
- 7 permission levels provide just the right amount of access
- Accept uploads to a folder via email or web widget
- See your collaborators’ recent activity on files
- Box adheres to the highest industry standards for security, covering areas such as:
- Data encryption
- Administrative auditing
- U-M's Single Sign On and Multi-factor Authentication
- Role-based access controls
- Password-protected and time-based file sharing
- Recover deleted files for 30 days
Important: Follow these guidelines when working with sensitive data in U-M Box.
- Connect your U-M Box data with other applications and services via Box apps.
Important: only official Box apps are covered by our contract and should be used with sensitive data.