You can request sponsorships on behalf of your unit for the purpose of university business or activities if you are a regular (not temporary) staff/faculty member.
- Ask your unit's sponsorship administrator to set up the sponsorship for you. If you do not know who your unit's sponsorship administrator is, you can ask the ITS Service Center to let you know who it is.
- If your unit does not have a sponsorship administrator, you can use one of the forms below to request a sponsorship.
Sponsorship Request Forms
- MCommunity Individual Sponsorship Application (U-M login required)
Departments can use this form to request a uniqname and ITS computing services for an individual—from an incoming faculty member to a temporary staff member to a guest wireless user. This form can be used for individuals being sponsored for any sponsorship business reason; it covers both regular and temporary uniqnames.
MCommunity Multiple Sponsorship Application (U-M login required)
Departments can use this form to request multiple temporary uniqnames (and computing services) for groups of people. This form can only be used for groups of conference/program participants, wireless users, and other short-term guests. For all other sponsorship categories, use the Individual Application listed above. Please allow three business days for your request to be processed.
The form collects sponsorship details and asks that you provide a list of the people you want to sponsor in an Excel spreadsheet. The form provides a way to attach the spreadsheet to your request.
About Sponsorship Administrators and Sponsoring Authorities
- MCommunity Sponsorship Administration Policies and Agreement
Use this form to apply to become a sponsorship administrator.
- MCommunity Sponsoring Authority Policies and Agreement
Use this form to apply to become a sponsoring authority.