Using the Site Migration Tool
Site owners and instructors can use the migration tool to download content from a site’s Resources tool as a .zip file, and/or download content from the site’s Email Archive tool as a text file (.zip) or as an .MBOX file that can be uploaded to Apple Mail or Thunderbird. You can also use the tool to copy the site's member list and/or delete sites.
Learn about alternative services to use with materials that you download from your site
With materials that you download, there are several alternative options for collaboration, communication, and storage. For help understanding which tool(s) best meets your needs, please use the CTools Sites Alternatives Page or the CTools Sites Alternatives Wizard. If you need additional assistance, please contact the ITS Service Center.
Training & Documentation
- U-M Box Learning Resources
- U-M Google Learning Resources
- CTools to U-M Box and U-M Google Feature/Function Map
- Mapping CTools Permissions to U-M Box Roles
- Ownership & Permissions Comparison: U-M Box & Google Drive
- Google Drive at Michigan Medicine
Webinars and online training
- IT4U: Collaborate with Box and Google Shared Accounts (webinar recording, 40 min)
- IT4U: CTools Project Site Migration (webinar recording, 44 min)
- IT4U: The New U-M Box (webinar recording, 41 min)
- IT4U: Google Team Drives (webinar recording, 43 min)
- Box University (Training, Videos, Guided Simulations) — After logging into U-M Box, click the Get Training link under Support.