ITS offers many alternative solutions for your site. The solutions listed below are fully supported by ITS. Other solutions (such as Dropbox, iCloud and Evernote) may meet your needs, but are not approved for any sensitive data and ITS is unable to provide assistance with questions or issues encountered (this includes instances of data loss, corruption or exposure).
We will support anyone interested in moving materials from CTools sites to one of these alternatives. Just contact us!
Prior to adding files or folders to any of these options, be sure to consult the U-M Sensitive Data Guide to make informed decisions about where to safely store and share university data.
Learn more about how U-M Box and U-M Google correspond to CTools
Want more detailed information about how to use U-M Box or U-M Google to do what you do in CTools? The CTools to U-M Box and U-M Google Feature/Function Map provides a more detailed mapping of CTools functionality to the corresponding U-M Box and U-M Google functionality.
Other options to consider
Prior to adding files or folders to any of these options be sure to consult the Sensitive Data Guide to ensure that there are no compliance issues.
If you used CTools...
- Announcements — try MCommunity or SharePoint
- Assignments — try My LINC
- Chat — try Google Hangouts
- Email Archive — try Google Mail
- GCal — try Google Calendar
- Media Gallery — try MiVideo or YouTube
- Messages — try MCommunity
- Polls — try Google Forms or Qualtrics
- Resources/Dropbox — try Cloud Computing, MiStorage, or MiServer
- Schedule — try Google Calendar
- Test Center — try Google Forms or Qualtrics
- for research storage — try MiStorage