ITS delivers cable television content to campus buildings, residence halls, and the Northwood Community Apartments.
Traditional Cable Television
UMTV carries a full lineup of news, entertainment, and sports channels via a campus-wide cable network. The service can be made available through standard coaxial outlets in most campus buildings, residence halls (except West Quad), and Northwood Apartments. To receive UMTV content you need:
- A coaxial cable drop (connection) at an on-campus location
- A digital, cable-ready television or a computer with a digital tuner
A small number of channels are distributed on campus using the Philo Internet Television service for all faculty, staff, and students. West Quad students have access to additional news, entertainment, and sports channels. Faculty, staff, and students can log in to Philo to watch programming on the Ann Arbor campus using a:
- Computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device connected to MWireless or wired ethernet
- Television and Roku streaming media player connected to wired ethernet
- Students in West Quad receive an expanded number of Philo channels where traditional cable service is not available.
- Language Resource Center also provides international channels for students.