Showcase Stockkeeper assists the Purchasing/Inventory Administrator with various inventory related tasks including but not limited to: receiving inventory, organizing stock area, fulfilling inventory requests to other Showcase locations.
- Receiving inventory via Showcase RMS (Retail Management System)
- Verifying accuracy of materials received against orders
- Assisting in researching and reconciling inventory discrepancies
- Price tagging or re-tagging inventory items as necessary
- Performs stock rotation per FIFO standards
- Breakdown of cardboard boxes and transporting of cardboard to Michigan Union recycling container
- Researching item specifications for possible adaptation to Computer Showcase inventory
- Creating, printing, and positioning of inventory identification tags for stockroom reference
- Filing of supplier purchase orders and intra-store transfer documents
- Assisting with Physical Inventory counts as needed
The opportunity to learn inventory control and stockroom management practices and the various steps involved in those roles. Learn how to problem solve and research inventory matters related to inventory maintenance of the cutting edge technology offered by the Computer Showcase.
- Must be a student of the University of Michigan
- Familiar with excel, Microsoft word, Google mail
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to detail and follow-up/follow-through
- Ability to move and organize stock; including the ability to climb a ladder, move items overhead, and safely lift or maneuver 30 pounds unassisted
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as work collaboratively as part of a team
Work Hours and Location
~15 hours per week. Afternoons preferred.
Starting Pay: $9.50/hr
Interested students should complete the online application.
If you experience any problems with the online application or technical evaluation, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.