If you are the "go to" friend for tech support, have worked on a help desk, have stellar customer service skills, or an insatiable curiosity—consider applying for our position! We offer a competitive starting wage with a strong pay for performance culture.
- Successfully complete training program
- Assist customers on the 764-HELP hotline with ITS services
- Receive phone calls from customers and educate them on supported systems utilizing internal help desk tools
- Troubleshoot problems to the best of your ability; refer unresolved problems as appropriate
- Create and maintain documentation to support users and the Service Desk team
- Conduct effective communications with co-workers, product teams, and end-users with guidance from senior personnel
Experience providing support for the University of Michigan's leading edge, core technologies. As a part of a dynamic team, you will increase your customer focus while improving your troubleshooting and analytical skills in a professional customer support organization.
- Must be a student of the University of Michigan
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and approachable
- Experience in customer support/service role
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Familiarity with Macintosh and PC hardware and software
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Mac OS) and industry standard web browsers
- Experience with Google and communication software (Windows & Macintosh)
- Experience providing technical support, demonstrating exceptional customer service and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with the U-M information technology environment and associated services
- Experience as a computer technician, technical subjects instructor, or technical writer
Work Hours and Location
This position requires a 10-20 hour per week commitment onsite at Administrative Services Building (ASB) on South Campus (near the football stadium); hours must be between Monday–Thursday 7 a.m.–7 p.m., Friday 7 a.m.–6 p.m and Sundays 2 p.m.–7 p.m. A U-M bus stop is located outside ASB.
$9.00 per hour to start.
Interested students should complete the online application.
If you experience any problems with the online application or technical evaluation, please send email to email@example.com.