BlueJeans is available for all Canvas courses. Faculty may wish to use BlueJeans to: schedule study groups, include remotely located guests, record lectures, co-teach with distant classrooms, connect lab environments to lecture halls, and facilitate engaged teaching.
- BlueJeans does not replace the Canvas Conferences feature. It is an alternative, audio/video conferencing tool that University of Michigan faculty, staff, and students have access to use and may already be using in their work and/or teaching.
- Faculty need to enable BlueJeans within their courses prior to using this feature. Instructions to enable BlueJeans can be found on the Canvas Instructor Guide page.
Resources for Faculty
- Canvas Instructor Guide (includes instructions to enable BlueJeans within Canvas)
- BlueJeans Getting Started page
- BlueJeans Common Tasks page
BlueJeans Support Model for Canvas
Both the Network Operations Center (within the ITS Service Center) and our BlueJeans vendor support this service.
- If you have questions about your U-M account, setup, settings, or other general questions about using BlueJeans, call the Network Operations Center.
- If you are experiencing connectivity, audio, video, or other time-sensitive issues during a BlueJeans event, call or chat directly with the BlueJeans vendor.
Contact information for both groups is found on the Get Help section of the BlueJeans webpages.