While MiDatabase is a managed service that provides most routine maintenance tasks and upgrades, ITS expects MiDatabase customers to perform the following activities to ensure optimal service performance.
- Test, troubleshoot, and resolve problems resulting from updates, patches, and configurations to the database server.
- Manage the authorization and data access of databases. (MiDatabase provides a framework for role based authorization, however its implementation within each database is the responsibility of the customer.)
- Determine the level of urgency if a problem is discovered that requires assistance from ITS.
- Ensure data management policies are followed appropriately to comply with university policies, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Request a server to be retired when services are no longer needed/used.
- If needed, shutdown/restart any application software components during scheduled maintenance.
- Communicate and plan for any network, firewall, and front end application server changes that could affect access to the database.
- Request any changes to the database to handle system growth.