The MACC is an N+1 facility that is designed to ensure the safety and security of the data housed within.
- Reliable and redundant infrastructure including uninterruptable power supplies, dual power paths, backup generators and backup cooling which protects equipment against power outages.
- State of the art design for “hot/cold aisles” and low/high density areas to improve energy efficiency and minimize stress on the power and cooling systems.
- Redundant fire protection systems including a dry standpipe pre-action sprinkler system.
- Standard 1 Gb/s networking connections providing the appropriate level of availability needed by units across campus via redundant fiber connections to the university backbone and multiple Cisco router switches.
- Advanced facility security systems including card scanning systems, cameras, closed circuit television, and monitoring to restrict access to appropriate Data Center Operations personnel and approved faculty and staff.
- 24/7 maintenance and support. Staff on site 8 a.m–5 p.m. weekdays and on-call support after business hours 24/7/365.
- Expanded network capability, including:
- redundant 1 Gb/S connections
- a single 10 Gb/S connection, or
- redundant 10Gb/S connections.
The facility also provides pre-terminated or dark fiber on each row, or direct fiber connections to the Medical Care Information Technology backbone if needed. An additional network switch and connections are available in our prep room for staging, testing, and technician access. Custom networking is available upon request. Networking equipment can be purchased from ITS.
- Management services, including delivery, a prep room, and on-call availability.
Certification & Standards
- Annual Planned Downtime Maintenance of 3x every 2 years for less than 18 hours.
- Annual Unplanned Downtime of 1 occurrence per year for less than 4 hours.
- Reliability of 99.75% or above.