"Malware"—viruses, trojans, spyware, adware and other software that ends up doing damage to your computer—makes for a very easily fouled PC. The process of troubleshooting malware and setting up anti-malware software can be a hassle.
In our Virus Scanning/Removal service, we will:
- Install the appropriate anti-virus/anti-spyware software recommended for your operating system
- Update it with the latest updates (called "definitions")
- Run a full scan of your system to detect and then remove all found malware
- Run one more scan to make sure your system is clean
- Configure the software to regularly scan your system
- Set the software to check for updates of its definitions on a regular basis
Malicious software is constantly evolving, so no computer can ever be perfectly protected against infection. But if your anti-virus/anti-spyware software is properly configured and doing its work, you've taken the biggest step in protection.
Antivirus software is available at no cost to members of the university community by download at the Safe Computing website.
Virus scanning and removal services are charged on a flat-rate basis:
|Disinfection with operating system reformat and reinstall||$120|