Expand All Content
BlueJeans may be used with some types of sensitive data, including Protected Health Information (PHI) if used in the manner which is detailed in the Sensitive Data Guide to IT Services. You are responsible for using BlueJeans appropriately with sensitive university data and taking the precautions listed in the guide.
This change will also need to be made in the BlueJeans system. Contact the ITS Service Center for assistance.
Yes, unless you select to host a moderator-less meeting.Moderator-less meetings can be selected under Advanced Meeting Options or you can select moderator-less meetings as a default under your BlueJeans settings.
A personal meeting is like your own virtual meeting room—your meeting ID and passcode never expire. You can conduct ad-hoc and instant meetings without the need to schedule the meeting. You will need to share your personal meeting ID and time of the meeting with those whom you wish to join the meeting.
Scheduled meetings are used when you're planning a one-time meeting in advance, or, scheduling recurring meetings. BlueJeans Network assigns a random nine-digit meeting ID for each scheduled meeting and a participant code, if requested. These are automatically generated and cannot be changed. Your moderator passcode remains the same. An email invitation is automatically sent to each meeting participant containing connection information.
Yes. BlueJeans now has delegate functionality. To request that an individual be added as your delegate please call 734-763-2000 to provide us the name and uniqname of the individual(s) who are able to set up BlueJeans meetings on your behalf.
Yes, you can edit an existing meeting.
- If you add new participants to a meeting, they will receive an invitation but the person scheduling the meeting will not receive another message.
- If you remove a participant from the meeting, that participant will not receive a message notifying them that their presence at the meeting is no longer required. The person scheduling the meeting may wish to send a private message to the participant(s) who have been removed from the meeting.
- Try joining the meeting from another browser to see if the update will complete. If no alternative browsers are available, try clearing your browser's cache or perform a browser reset.
- There could be some temporary files that are causing some conflicts with the update process.
- Double check to make sure your user account on the system has no network policies or antivirus settings that may prevent the auto-update process.
Yes, under Advanced Options, select Encrypt Meeting. Make sure all participants endpoints are capable of supporting AES encryption. Please see technical specifications for encryption methods.
- The call is not encrypted when internal users dial 734-76(3-1841) and join the conference. The call routes over R&E IP networks.
- The call is not encrypted when external users dial 734-763-1841 and join the conference.
- When dialing BlueJeans Network published numbers, the call is routed over Public Switched Telephone Network and appropriate toll charges apply to the originating party/parties.
90 days. If you wish to retain it longer, you can download the recording to Google Drive, Box or an appropriate university storage location.
No, BlueJeans is not designed for multiple moderators. Using the code multiple times can cause problems with the meeting.
Yes. We are encouraging everyone to use the BlueJeans App on computers,
instead of browsers. The traditional telephone and room systems are also
excellent ways to connect.
BlueJeans meetings will run indefinitely as long as there are participants in
the meeting and there is activity. Activity is based on sound. If there is no audio activity after 30 minutes, the meeting will be disconnected.
If the meeting is moderated, one of these connections will need to be a
moderator. Meetings will disconnect after 5 min if the moderator leaves.
Here is how to make your meeting moderator-less.