Residence hall students can watch Xfinity programming using a computer, iOS, or Android device connected to MWireless or wired Ethernet.
- To watch on a computer,
- Go to Xfinity on Campus.
- Type Michigan in the Your school name field, and select University of Michigan from the drop-down list.
- The U-M Weblogin page will appear.
- Log in using your uniqname and university password.
- Click the Watch Now or Start Watching button.
- The Xfinity viewing screen will appear in a new tab.
- To use an iOS or Android device, download the Xfinity Stream app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. When logging in, follow the Xfinity on Campus Students Sign in Here link.
Things To Know
- You will use the usual university Weblogin screen. Xfinity does not have access to your university password.
- The full Xfinity on Campus service is available when when you are connected via MWireless or a wired Ethernet connection on the Ann Arbor campus. A limited number of channels and on-demand programs are available off-campus.
- You can view Xfinity on a television by connecting a computer with the appropriate cables. iOS and Android devices may have limited ability to display Xfinity on external screens.
- You can only stream Xfinity on one device at a time. To switch devices you need to log out of your current session.
- Xfinity on Campus is not available through Apple TV, Roku streaming media players, or smart televisions. However, you may be able to log into many content providers' applications for those devices. Within an app,
- Select Xfinity as your cable provider,
- Look for the XFINITY On Campus customer? option,
- Choose University of Michigan, and
- Log in when the U-M Weblogin page appears.
A complete list of compatible devices and minimum system specifications is available on the Xfinity on Campus website
Premium Channels and Packages
Premium channels, sports packages, and additional content is not part of the university service, but can be purchased separately and billed directly to your personal credit card. Information about additional programs can be found on the Premium Video tab on the Xfinity on Campus website. Phone support for premium services is available at 877-978-3229.