You can change and update your Duo options any time. See Change your Duo Options and Settings for instructions with screenshots.
If you replace a device or phone number and you don't have a backup option (such as an office landline) enrolled in Duo, you may be unable to log in to update your settings. No worries. You can call the ITS Service Center for a bypass code to let you in.
Got a New Smartphone?
If you replace your smartphone with a new one but keep the same phone number, you'll need to reactivate to get the new device connected to your Duo account. Delete the Duo app from your old phone. Before you sell or give away your old device, back it up then erase all content and settings.
- Get the Duo Mobile app on your new phone.
- On your computer, when you go to log into a two-factor protected system, click the My Settings & Devices link on the left-side of the Duo prompt screen. (When you authenticate via Duo, use your backup option or choose Call Me. The push option won't work till after you reactivate.)
- Click the Device Options button next to the device you want to reactivate, and click the Reactivate button next to it.
Got a New Phone Number?
- In Duo, click Add a new device, then add the new number. For instructions, see Add a New Device in Duo (Phone Number or Mobile App).
Delete any phone numbers you no longer use. In Duo, click the My Settings & Devices link, click the Device Options button next to the number you want to delete, then click the trash icon.
Switching to the App?
- Follow the instructions in Enroll a Smartphone or Tablet in Duo.
Want to Change Your Default Device?
Your default device is the one Duo presents when you log in.
- In Duo, click the My Settings & Devices link.
- From the My default device is drop-down menu, select the one you want to be your default.
Remove Unneeded Devices and Phone Numbers
Remove phone numbers and devices that you no longer have or use from your Duo options.
- In Duo, click the My Settings & Devices link, click the Device Options button next to the device or number you want to delete, then click the trash icon.
Report lost or stolen devices! If you used a lost or stolen device to access or maintain sensitive university data, report the theft or loss, and ask to have the device deleted from your Duo options if you are unable to do that yourself. See Report an IT Security Incident.