This information is provided for U-M IT staff who manage systems, servers, and services that need to use two-factor authentication.
Duo installation and configuration instructions are available at Two-Factor Authentication - Admins Documentation:
- Create Duo Applications - Process Overview. Describes the overall process for creating and migrating applications to Duo two-factor authentication.
- Duo Administrative Access and Account Structure. Describes the Duo administrative access and account structure at U-M.
- Duo Naming Conventions. Describes the naming conventions to be used when setting up an application.The name of an application needs to clearly identify the application to which the user is authenticating.
- Duo Non-Uniqname Account Management (Active Directory). Provides instructions for managing two-factor authentication using Duo for non-uniqname accounts in Active Directory (UMROOT). These accounts are used for administrative access (servers, desktops, users, and so on), vendor access (so vendors can provide support), and more.
- Duo Unix SSH Installation Directions. Installation instructions for Duo Unix SSH (Secure Shell). Follow these instructions to set up two-factor authentication with Duo for SSH on your Unix server.
- Duo Windows RDP Installation Directions. Installation steps for the Duo Windows RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) client. Install this to set up two-factor authentication using Duo for your Windows server.