Access to enterprise administrative and data systems is granted based on need for access and agreement to appropriately use the information resources.
- Complete Online Training: DCE 101 Access and Compliance: Handling Sensitive Institutional Data at U-M.
- Read and agree to the Institutional Data Access and Compliance Agreement.
- Learn how to use OARS.
- Submit your access request via OARS (requires Two-Factor Authentication).
It is important to remove access when there is no longer a business need for it.
Departments and units are expected to initiate removal of administrative, elevated, and departmental access as part of the off-boarding process, whether the person leaves the university entirely or leaves a particular role or job. For details, see
- Unit Transfer Processes for Unit Liaisons
- Employee Termination Procedure
- Getting (and Losing) Access
- What Happens to Your Uniqname, Directory Profile, and Computing Services After You Leave U-M
- UHR Procedure: 201.40 Termination of Employment — Includes a link to the Termination Checklist, to be used whether a person leaves the university entirely or just leaves a role or job within it.